A lot of local businesses contact me and ask me the same question: “What can we do to increase the website optimization for our business so we show up on page 1 of Google”? Sound familiar?
My response is generally the same: – “what do you want people to do once they find your web site?”
Most often times they really don’t know or say something like: “well, I want them to learn more about my business – or – I want them to be able to browse to see if they need help with any of the services I offer – or – I’m not sure, I just know I need a website,” and so forth. All of which are really bad answers that will not help a business make money!
So, with that in mind, here’s the first powerful SEO tip you need for your business website. Don’t Do SEO Until Your Website Is Able To Convert Visitors To Calls, Clicks or Customers!!
Why do you want to spend thousands of dollars on SEO activities, rank #1 on Google if you’ve got a website that won’t convert visitors into Calls, Clicks or Customers?
Here’s the first thing you need to do:
Have a clear idea of “exactly” what you want people to do once they come to your website. Unless you have an online store and you want them to buy stuff, you really only want them to do one or two of three things.
1. Call You
2. Email You Using The Contact Us Form
3. Walk In To Your Store
Make sure your website content is written in such a way that it accomplishes the following:
1. Tells visitors exactly what you want them to do! Call – Email – Walk in. Include A Call To Action!
2. Tell them why they should do it and what’s in it for them if they do! Give them a USP with some benefits such as, helps them to : save time, save money, make money, provide security, provide comfort, learn something new and so forth.
3. Include at least 400 words of relevant content, using your targeted keywords to accomplish the above tasks 1 and 2.
4. Make sure your content is Above The Break Line so people can read it without having to scroll down the page to find it.
5. Disable those ridiculous auto sliders on your home page. They’re business killers! They’re nothing more than a distraction from the content on your page. You want to keep your visitors focused on your content and call to action, not on sliding photos with pretty pictures that do nothing more than lull the visitor into a hypnotic trance.
Give this a shot. Next blog, I’ll give you tips on absolute must, off-page SEO tasks that will help people find you and make it easy for them to give you money.
Remember, it doesn’t do your business any good, to rank #1 on Google Page 1 if you have a website that’s not optimized to Convert Visitors to Calls – Clicks or Customers!